Monday, December 27, 2010

Cyhi you're lucky I already thought you were a good rapper


Okay let me start by saying I had never heard a Cyhi solo song before this mixtape. I kinda expected him to try harder on his own stuff than he would somebody else's. I was wrong. Kinda. His best verses are still on Kanye's songs (Take one for the team and so appalled) and even impressed me on B.o.B.'s "higher". But anyway he started off alright then there is a stretch of songs that just are a waste of time. You might as well skip "Record us" and "Switchin positions". The two before that aren't great either. Then there is sort of a transition and he gets to "like a swinger" which I liked. And it basically just gets better from there. So it starts out pretty good, then goes to really bad, then goes to great at the end. As I told my friend, it looks like he saved the best tracks for last. a risky move because if i didn't like him already i never woulda got to the really good songs. But yes, if you haven't heard him before, try listenin to stuff he's featured on to get your confidence in him up. haha. Overall I think it's a pretty good mixtape though because there are more good songs than sucky ones. And I still say Cyhi is dope as an artist so don't get that confused

No comments:

Post a Comment