Friday, August 27, 2010

Oh the radio.


The feeling you get when you hear a great new song is like no other. There are so many songs that I hear and love only to hear weeks later on the radio and get tired of. I don't know if it's my contempt for mainstream radio music or my need for good music but when a song hits the radio it seems to depreciate. But why? If the radio rotation consisted of all good music what would there be to not like about it? So when I hear a song I like on the radio part of me is happy that there is a silver lining in the cloud of mainstream mediocrity. The other part of me is unhappy because 1. the song will be played out and 2. the artist has so many better songs that people won't get to hear . Now I don't hate all songs on the radio and I don't hate a song as soon as it hits the radio. Maybe my dislike for the radio's music is what causes me to be annoyed. But I have a dream that maybe one day people will realize what real music is and the stations will be forced to cut the crap out of their rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment